ProMax 3D Mid
ProMax 3D Mid offers high resolution, low dose, and simple operation
Designed to meet virtually every maxillofacial imaging need, the versatile ProMax 3D Mid from Planmeca USA combines 3D, panoramic, 2D extraoral, and other imaging capabilities in a single unit. It is engineered to deliver high-quality images for optimal diagnostics while exposing patients to the least amount of radiation possible.
Offering a wide range of volume sizes, the ProMax 3D Mid is ideal for general dentistry, prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, and orthodontics, as well as oral and maxillofacial surgery applications. It is fully upgradable to cephalometric, ProFace 3D facial photo, and digital impression/cast model scanning modalities.
Focused on safety
In addition to adjustable KV and MA, the ProMax 3D Mid incorporates several features specifically designed to follow the radiographic principle of ALARA—keeping radiation exposure "as low as reasonably achievable." First, the ProMax 3D Mid offers a choice of 10 different fields of view—from ø4 x 5 cm for single tooth images in molar areas up to ø20 x 18 cm for an overview of the facial area. The ability to select the proper volume size limits radiation exposure to the immediate area of interest.
Additionally, normal and low-dose resolutions are available for every volume size, allowing control over exposure. The high resolution is ideal for small areas of interest such as impactions, which the low-dose mode can be used in orthodontic studies for larger fields of view.
A multi-bladed collimator allows vertical and horizontal segmenting and keeps radiation on to the areas of anatomical interest, further minimizing unnecessary exposure to the patient.
Finally, the ProMax 3D Mid incorporates SCARA (selectively compliant articulated robotic arm) technology. The patented SCARA enables free geometry based on image formation and can produce any movement pattern required. This allows accurate and reliable volume positioning and volume diameter adjustment, reducing radiation to the patient. During the 3D scan, each image is made using a short X-ray pulse instead of continuous radiation. This technique forms a stroboscopic X-ray effect which, together with the shortened rotation scan (210 degrees), reduces exposure time to the patient and contributes to outstanding image quality by eliminating artifacts.
Focused on High-Quality Images
Several specialized features enable ProMax 3D Mid to deliver the most diagnostically valuable image for any clinical requirement. These include:
1. Automatic Cervical Vertebrae Compensation (ACVC). The shadow of the cervical vertebrae is automatically eliminated without an increase in radiation. This computer-controlled correction also ensures the image sharpness is exceptional in the central incisor region.
2. Elimination of shadows. The ProMax 3D Mid's imaging geometry efficiently eliminates redundant shadows and ghost images caused by objects outside the image layer. This significantly increases the diagnostic value of panoramic radiographs.
3. Automatic Gain Control. The Automatic Gain Control feature automatically optimizes the sensitivity of the digital sensor to produce excellent image quality regardless of tissue and bone thicknesses.
4. Motorized Patient Support. Patient position is stabilized while the image arm automatically moves to the correct location. The unit proceeds from one imaging position to another, completing the acquisition without repositioning the patient.
5. SmartPan uses the same 3D sensor for 2D pan imaging, eliminating the need to change sensors. The SmartPan system calculates 9 different pan curves in 1 mm shifts, automatically adjusting the sharpness to one optimized tenth layer. The user can browse between the pan images and select the most suitable for diagnosis.
6. Cephalostat. The functionally designed easy-to-use head support guarantees accurate patient positioning for cephalometric imaging. The carbon fiber ear posts and nasal support are extremely durable, hygienic, and fully transparent to radiation.
Focused on Ease of Use
The ProMax 3D Mid allows simple, effortless patient positioning. Side-entry access and full-view open patient positioning easily accommodates seated or standing patients as well as wheelchairs. An intuitive graphical user interface offer pre-programmed target sites and exposure values for different image types and targets. It guides the user with text and clear graphics, with exposure settings grouped logically. The positioning laser and joystick are used for fine adjustment, and a scout can be used to verify correct positioning.
Although fully integratable with third-party software, the ProMax 3D Mid is supplied with user-friendly Planmeca Romexis software. Planmeca Romexis is a complete solution software package for acquisition, viewing, and rendering in multiple dimensions, multi-views, and multi-planes (such as coronal, axial, and sagittal). Planmeca Romexis encompasses all aspects of 2D and 3D imaging, including printing, sharing, annotation, and interactive diagnosis. The Planmeca Romexis 3D Cross Sections Module produces cross sectional images of anatomy along with a defined panoramic curve. The number and exact positions of the cross sectional slices can be defined by the user. The module also includes the reconstructed panoramic view.
The optional Planmeca Romexis 3D Implant Planning Module offers tools for implant placing and clear marking of the mandibular nerve canal. The implant placements are determined with the help of an implant model the size of an actual implant. Also available is iRomexis, a mobile companion app.