LAST UPDATED: [7/26/18]
"Personal Information" means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to identify a specific individual.
What information does Integrated Media Solutions collect?
Information You Provide
Our Sites collect information volunteered by you in several areas, including newsletter sign up pages, site registrations, contests and promotions, product reviews and website surveys, purchasing a subscription or access to courses, customer service requests, and requests for product information. The information we request for you to participate in these features includes Personal Information such as name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, username and password, AGD number, NPI number, license number, profile picture, as well as "demographic" information such as your hobbies or personal preferences.
Our Sites do not collect payment and billing information. If you make a purchase through the Services, your payment information will be collected by a third-party payment provider and not by us. We may receive summary transaction information from our third-party payment processers, such as the date and amount of the transaction.
Information We Collect Automatically From Your Use of the Sites
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Sites function properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters, or to prevent fraud. We use IP address to derive your approximate location.
How Does Integrated Media Solutions Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect:
- For internal and service-related purposes, such as to respond to your specific requests, fulfill your purchase, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide support to users.
- To understand users' interests and behavior, improve the Sites, and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities. We may combine your information with information Integrated Media Solutions may have from other online or offline sources.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials, and to provide our sponsors with aggregate data about our users.
- For our business purposes, such as account verification, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
We may anonymize and aggregate data we collect and use it for any purpose.
With whom does Integrated Media Solutions share your information?
We disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who help with our operations, such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, mail processing, online advertising, and other services. Some or all of these contractors may access the databases of user information.
- To our advertising and marketing partners in order to promote our Services, including joint marketing partners.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of the Services and other websites or online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). To learn more about this practices, and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising at , or the Network Advertising Initiative at .
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
If required by law to do so or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws or valid legal process; (b) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of Integrated Media Solutions and others; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- If you use our "tell a friend" service to email one of our articles, reports or product descriptions to a friend or colleague, Integrated Media Solutions will automatically send this person a one-time email, attaching to the email the content you wished for your friend to receive. Your email address will appear on the "From" line of this email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email. The email address of your friend or colleague will not be stored in our databases based on this service.
- Integrated Media Solutions may provide users with the opportunity to request additional information from product manufacturers in our online directory or from our advertisers. If you specifically request information from a manufacturer or from one of our advertisers, your contact information will be given to that manufacturer or advertiser, to allow them to decide the best way to fulfill your request.
What options do you have about how Integrated Media Solutions uses or shares your information?
If you no longer wish for us to share your mailing address or other contact information with our sponsors or other third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For us to be able to locate your record, your email must include your name, mailing address, email address, and must identify the Integrated Media Solutions product, event, or service for which you are registered. Your request will be processed within 10 days, and we will no longer share your contact information with third parties. Please note that we will not be able to stop third parties from sending you information about their products or services if your information was shared with them before we received your request.
Regarding email specifically, you have the opportunity to elect to stop receiving advertising messages from Integrated Media Solutions about our or third party manufacturers' products or services, each time you receive such a communication from us. To unsubscribe from such advertising email messages, please follow the directions included in that email message. Your request will be processed within 10 days. Please note that during that time, you may continue to receive email messages from Integrated Media Solutions about our products or services. Additionally, regardless of whether you have unsubscribed from receiving advertising and promotional material from Integrated Media Solutions, you will continue to receive transactional information from us, such as information relating to your account or payment or bill information.
You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from advertisers or advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations.
You may also be able to opt-out of some personalized advertisements by clicking on the AdChoices icon displayed in an advertisement. When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Sites and other websites.
What Kind of Security Measures Does Integrated Media Solutions Use?
We use reasonable physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of the information that we collect. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. We recommend that you do not share your passwords with anyone. Integrated Media Solutions will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, if you are using a computer that others have access to, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our Sites.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Sites are directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account.
Update Your Information
If you would like to update or correct any information that you have provided to us through your use of the Sites or otherwise, you may use the Sites or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to non-Integrated Media Solutions web sites
Many of our Sites contain links to web sites owned and operated by unaffiliated third parties. These links are provided as a service to you, and do not constitute Integrated Media Solutions' endorsement or support of the third-party web sites. The third parties who operate these sites have their own information collection and use practices, and Integrated Media Solutions is not responsible for either the privacy practices or the content of these sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site before providing your Personal Information, and to contact the providers directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.