DentiMax Digital Sensors
We've all seen them - those edgy patients who enter our offices with that skeptical look in their eyes. Or those inquisitive patients who just can't accept they have 5 cavities, despite the fact that they haven't darkened the door of a dental office for more than 10 years! I think it's safe to say that we've all experienced these sorts of patients, and the physically draining nature of their visits as we try to prove to them that we're not lying about the 2 crowns they need on teeth that "don't even hurt?"yet.
Dentistry That Sells Itself
If only there was a simple way to silence these skeptics and put an end to that perceived need to defend our treatment plans. Thank goodness there is! I recently discovered for myself the incredible world of dental digital imaging. As a new digital dentist, I am continually amazed at the freedom that comes from having an x-ray or intraoral image that I can blow-up in size, on a huge screen, right in front of my patient, and then use it to educate them about their dental needs. I've found that I no longer have to 'sell' dentistry as I once had. All I have to do now is point out on a large computer monitor the areas where treatment is needed and all of my patients - even the skeptics' not only accept the treatment I have recommended, but they also can't get it done fast enough!
Why didn't I start using this technology sooner? I've asked myself this question many times since purchasing my DentiMax digital sensors and software, and what it really boils down to for me is that I was just simply waiting for image quality to increase and prices to decrease. I had looked at several digital x-ray systems over the years and just wasn't satisfied with the image quality over what I was getting with my film, and the prices were staggering. The DentiMax sensors I finally chose for my practice gave me exactly what I was looking for'superior image quality at an extremely pleasing price.
The Questions I Had...
Other concerns I had when considering the addition of digital x-rays to my practice were:
- Do I need a second computer or another monitor in each of my operatories?
- Will the imaging software I buy be compatible with my practice management software?
- Will my staff be able to learn the new software and techniques without disrupting my practice?
...And The Answers I Discovered
- All I needed was one large centrally located monitor and a cordless mouse. I am now able to diagnose incipient lesions easily from halfway across the room.
- The DentiMax sensor system I selected has an open platform that works well with most practice management programs and has even linked nicely with my cordless intraoral camera.
- My patients are impressed with the new technology, and were happy to have my staff train on them.
If you've been a skeptic of digital dentistry, dive in! The water is fine, and you'll be doing yourself, and your practice, a well-deserved favor.