Why I Use: SafeGauze HemoStat
It’s not easy to stop patients from bleeding following extraction or periodontal surgery. Many hemostatic products lack the bulk to fill the socket or simply do not form a strong clot for effective healing. Here, Dr. Ravichandra Juluri discusses why he uses Medicom’s SafeGauze HemoStat, a sterile fabric prepared by the chemical treatment of regenerated cellulose, to safely and effectively manage topical wounds and control external surface bleeding.
Since I began practicing 13 years ago, I’ve tried several different hemostatic products, but the products I was using simply didn’t have the bulk to fill the socket after an extraction. With previous cases involving anterior extraction, I would apply a hemostatic matrix and then insert a collagen plug, or I would roll the hemostat around the plug and then insert into the socket. These products would soften upon contact with blood or moisture, affording me very little time to manipulate.
TOP 5 REASONS TO USE SAFEGAUZE HEMOSTAT
• Absorbs the water content of fluids and blood
• Quickly transforms into a clear, viscous gel
• Adheres to the extraction site, forming a plug to control bleeding
• Eventually dissolves to saline and glucose
• Ideal for extractions, periodontal surgery, and other selected procedures
Spreading the Word