From professional sports to an all-star cast, what makes a dream team? It’s usually a core group of players with unique attributes that, when combined, deliver an exceptional performance. A dream team is consistent and reliable.
When it comes to clinical dentistry, a dream team of products delivers excellent clinical results when working in tandem. Ask many dentists (as I have) and they’ll tell you that chemical compatibility matters in the products they use, and there is often an advantage in using products from the same manufacturer.
BISCO products are widely known for their excellent chemistry, as proven by the multiple peer-to-peer awards they’ve received. With the introduction of TheraCem self-adhesive resin cement last year, BISCO rounded out its dream team of products that can be used in a variety of cases in everyday dentistry.
Here’s a closer look at the products that made the cut:
TheraCal LC is a light-cured resin-modified calcium silicate. Its unique apatite stimulating ability (1,2) makes it ideal for direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner.
Watch Dr. Rachel Rosen’s review of TheraCal LC below:
All-Bond Universal is a light-cured dental adhesive that allows the user to standardize clinical protocols for effective delivery of adhesion with a single-bottle.
Watch the Dental Product Shopper video evaluation below.
Z-Prime Plus is a zirconia-alumina-metal primer. This single-component priming agent is used to enhance adhesion between indirect restorative materials and composite resin cements. (3)
Here are 5 reasons to try Z-Prime Plus:
1. Excellent bond – significantly enhances bond strengths to zirconia, alumina, and metal substrates
2. Compatibility – Use with light-cured and dual-cured resin luting cements
3. Convenience – Single-bottle delivery offers ease of dispensing
4. Reliability – Significantly enhances bond strengths of other resin cements
5. Versatility – Versatile and durable with many different substrates
In the video below, watch a full-arch case using TheraCem and Z-Prime Plus by Dr. Joseph Kim.
TheraCem is a dual-cured, calcium- and fluoride-releasing, self-adhesive resin cement. It delivers a strong bond to zirconia, along with easy clean-up and high radiopacity.
Here are 5 reasons to try TheraCem:
1. Provides continuous ion release with fluoride and calcium(4)
2. Provides a strong bond to zirconia and most substrates
3. Quick and easy removal of excess cement
4. Transitions from acidic to alkaline pH after bonding in minutes (5)
5. Highly radiopaque and easily identified on a radiograph
Want to learn more about BISCO’s dream team? Visit www.bisco.com. And if you’re attending Greater New York, you can get the closest possible look at all of these products at BISCO’s booth, #1200.
1. BISCO has, on file, the calcium release data for Theracal LC.
2. Gandolfi MG, Siboni F, Prati C. Chemical-physical properties of TheraCal, a novel light-curable MTA-like material for pulp capping. International Endodontic Journal. 2012 Jun;45(6):571-9. 3. BISCO, Inc. data on file.
3. BISCO data on file
4. Gleave CM, Chen L, Suh BI. Calcium & fluoride recharge of resin cements. Dent Mater. 2016 (32S):e26
5. New Self-adhesive Resin Cement With Alkaline pH. Chen L, Gleave C, Suh B, J Dent Res96(A):#286, 2017