Prevent Seal from Itena North America is a self-etching sealant intended to be used as a preventive measure in patients with a higher risk for developing cavities. It works by sealing the occlusal pits and fissures in permanent teeth with a waterproof layer of resin. This protects the tooth surfaces in patients with teeth that are difficult to clean, preventing bacteria from penetrating.
Prevent Seal is a self-etching sealant, so all you have do is clean the tooth, apply it, and light cure! It’s a real time saver by eliminating the etching and rinsing. This sealant is a composite resin and, therefore, is compatible with all other available composites.
Prevent Seal's user-friendly and efficacious properties have been confirmed by studies done at the University of Marseille (France) School of Dentistry.
Prevent Seal is unique in many aspects and has several advantages:
* Excellent bonding strength on enamel—for a long-lasting seal.
* Flouride-release—for the ultimate protection against tooth decay.
* No etching or rinsing—saves you time and makes it easier to use on children.
* Simple and precise application via syringe delivery.
* Optimal fluidity—allowing the sealant to spread perfectly into the anatomy of the tooth.
* Supplied with pointed brushes (to clean the pits and fissures) and extra-fine needle tips (for precise application).