Designed to promote safer, faster hygiene and dental procedures, the Purevac HVE System from Dentsply Sirona provides high evacuation suction with the additional features of illumination and a built-in dental mirror. This combination enables a one-hand approach, making a variety of tasks—including retraction—much less complicated.
Ideal for use with the Cavitron 300 Series Ultrasonic Scaling System, users can evacuate fluid and debris during ultrasonic scaling and other procedures more quickly, much more ergonomically, and more comfortably for patients with the Purevac HVE System.
According to a recent user study, the Purevac HVE System increases efficiency.1 It reduces 90% more aerosols during ultrasonic scaling than low-volume saliva ejectors can.2 And it removes 135% more fluid than saliva ejectors,1 plus it is autoclavable up to 100 cycles.
The evacuation tip has a large-bore opening that provides high-volume evacuation of aerosols, splatter, fluid, powders, etc. The tip has round, smooth edges for patient comfort during retraction of the oral mucosa and tongue. The built-in dental mirror is fog-free and the light enhances visualization of the treatment area.
Consider these other features:
• The Purevac HVE System Hose Adapter is lightweight and flexible, swivels 360 degrees, and is ergonomically designed for one-handed use. The hose is 69% lighter and 130% more flexible than a standard HVE hose. In addition, the 5-foot hose is kink resistant.
• The Purevac HVE System Hose Adapter can be used for either wet or dry treatment, and for removing powders and larger particles.
• It’s simple to convert a standard 11-mm HVE valve to a 16-mm valve to securely fit the mirror tip.
The Purevac HVE System simplifies several processes at once, while protecting clinicians and patients from potentially harmful aerosols.
1. Data on file, Dentsply Sirona.
2. Jacks MJ: A laboratory comparison of evacuation devices on aerosol reduction. J Dent Hyg 2002, 76, 202-206.