STAT CLAVE G4 by SciCan
There are two main reasons to upgrade your autoclave unit to state-of-the-art technology.
1. By operating with greater efficiency, the latest autoclaves help to streamline the sterilization process, making management easy and simple for staff.
2. Sterilization guidelines can change or vary by state. A cloud-connected autoclave will have the ability to adapt with changes and record necessary data.
This second reason helped to drive SciCan’s development of STATCLAVE G4, a highly sophisticated, large-chamber autoclave. STATCLAVE G4 is designed to address a dental office’s need for speed, capacity, and efficiency. It’s a Class B vacuum sterilizer that incorporates both a pre-sterilization vacuum to improve steam penetration and post-sterilization vacuum to improve drying.
(Watch the video below for an introduction to STATCLAVE G4.)
Here are 6 things to know about STATCLAVE G4’s design and technology:
1. Fast – SciCan STATCLAVE G4 can efficiently sterilize and dry wrapped instrument loads in as little as 38 minutes, based on results with a 3.5-pound load.
2. Dry –The unit uses closed-door drying and vacuum technology resulting in ideally dried instruments after each cycle.
3. Capacity – STATCLAVE G4’s 11-inch chamber can sterilize up to 4 full-size cassettes and 4 exam cassettes or up to 20 pouches with included pouch racks. The unit has a 7-gallon volume with a compact footprint of 25 inches x 17.75 inches x 19.5 inches.
4. Versatile – STATCLAVE G4 offers a number of filling and draining options, including easily accessible and cleanable top reservoirs, front manual fill, and a rear automatic fill option that can be connected to the VistaPure water filtration system for automated filling.
5. Gentle – STATCLAVE G4 uses fresh water in every cycle, reducing the buildup of oils and debris.
6. G4 Technology – As part of SciCan’s G4 equipment lineup, STATCLAVE G4 can connect and send information to smart devices so users can have cycle data, instructions, and maintenance notifications at their fingertips.
The Importance of Recording and Backing Up Data
The ADA website states: “Many factors can cause sterilization to fail—from procedural errors that are easily remedied, like overloading, to mechanical problems that can take a sterilizer out of service until repairs can be made. Since this variety of factors can influence successful sterilization, the ADA and CDC encourage dentists to regularly assess the efficiency of their in-office sterilizers. In addition, state or local regulations may exist regarding frequency and record-keeping issues related to sterilizer monitoring.”
The ADA recommends offices check with their state dental board for regulatory information.
Given these guidelines and regulations, it’s a great benefit that STATCLAVE G4 from SciCan has the ability to both record data and self-assess.
STATCLAVE G4 records cycle time, content of the load, and asks the user if the biological indicator or chemical indicator changed color. Cycle data is recorded on a USB stick internally as well as an SD card internally.
If anything should go wrong during the cycle, STATCLAVE G4 automatically emails the factory and the office’s service technician of choice. It can also email the front desk to immediately inform the staff. Transparency and accountability matter in infection control, and STATCLAVE G4 can assist staff in maintaining a thorough process.
Learn more at www.scican.com/us/products/autoclaves/statclave/.