A Suite of Solutions: RE-GEN
Michael A. Miyasaki, DDS
Familiarizing yourself with an adhesive’s specific properties prior to application is key to a successful restoration. “If not applied properly, imperfect conditions can compromise bond strength and marginal integrity, leading to sensitivity,” Dr. Miyasaki warned. Biologically charged ion placement can help avoid bond degradation, while promoting tissue and bone cell regeneration. Here are some additional highlights of the bioactive products in the RE-GEN suite.
• RE-GEN Self-Etch system consists of a conditioner, primer, and bonding resin that work in harmony to close any gaps at the resin-dentin interface and prime long-term bond strengths. Protocol takes only 45 seconds.
• RE-GEN Universal Adhesive combines the RE-GEN Self-Etch conditioner, primer, and bonding resin into a simple, one-bottle system.
• RE-GEN Flowable Composite is formulated with a unique combination of thickness and flow, providing optimal strength (357 MPa) and toughness as well as a high level of radiopacity.
• RE-GEN Bulk Fill Composite & Resin Cement is a dual-cure composite that also has features to improve longevity and overall performance, as well as handling characteristics that make it ideal for Class I, II, III, IV, and V restorations.
• RE-GEN Pit & Fissure Sealant is a wet bond sealant ideal for use in a moist environment. It is formulated to prevent demineralization and inhibit secondary caries at the margin, ensuring exceptional margin stability.
An experienced clinician with 3 decades of teaching experience under his belt, Dr. Michael A. Miyasaki says his ultimate goal is to increase the success of his colleagues through education. This includes introducing them to new and innovative techniques and products, such as Vista Apex’s RE-GEN product line.